Saturday, June 15, 2013

Referral!!

Friends and Family, it's with great joy that I write this post tonight.  Yesterday morning, we received our 'referral' from the Lat^ian Ministry.  It came in the form of an email to our adoption agency, An Open Door.  Our agency promptly forwarded it to me and followed up with a phone call.

We had been waiting for two weeks for this email.  For the entire week, I was in a software training class in Madison, Wisconsin. I had been checking my email literally every few minutes the entire week.  It finally came Friday morning.  I wanted to jump up and down and shout for joy, but I thought the instructor may not appreciate it.

In the referral, we learned that Warrior's mother, at 18 years old, abandoned him at a hospital or medical center.  The Ministry has no information about his father or any siblings.  We are so thankful that his mother chose to give him up rather than the alternative.  The folks at the medical center gave him his name.

Next up is travel dates.  We should hear very soon what our travel dates will be.  Based on other families that are slightly ahead of us in the process, I really feel we could have our first court date on July 8th at the earliest!

Please continue to pray for the Wrights who will be returning from Lat^ia soon, the Bischoff's who are still in Lat^via with the two sweet girls they are adopting, and the Henrys in Illinois who are gearing up to host their child again for the second time.

1 comment: