Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Marriage Certs in Hand...

I went on a wild goose chase for our (3) certified marriage certificates required for the dossier.  The dossier is the official set of documents that our agency will sent to the Lat^ian Ministry once we get US Customs and Immigration approval.  I first went to the State of Georgia Vital Records in Atlanta.  Stood in line for 20 minutes only to be told that they couldn't give the "ink in hand" signatures that are required.

They said I would have to go to the probate court of the county where the marriage was performed.  So, I headed to the good ol' Fulton County Probate Court.  After finding a parking space on the top of a 7 story parking deck, I headed over to the court building, went through the metal detectors, and headed up to the Marriage Records office.  Got to see a few characters in line waiting to get hitched.  Paid the cashier $30, and I was on my way with certificates in hand.

For those that have never had the privilege to go to the Fulton County Probate Court, it's quite the cultural experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment